The Bellevue Hospital’s Medical Surgical Unit or “Med/Surg,” as we sometimes say, has 32 private rooms -- each with its own personal bathroom and shower.
The rooms were designed with a quiet, restful décor, comfortable furnishings and other amenities to help speed in your recovery.
We provide care to patients with a variety of medical and/or surgical needs.
Our department’s Mission Statement is “Providing exceptional care through compassion and teamwork,” and we live these words every day.
Your team begins with you, the patient. You may select other members of your team to include loved ones and family members. Your doctors are also part of our hospital’s team, along with our nursing staff of registered and licensed practical nurses and nursing assistants. Other members of your team includes the dietitian and nutrition services; laboratory, respiratory, and diagnostic imaging services; physical, occupational and speech therapists; pharmacists; and social services. Your team works together to develop a unique plan of care to fit your individual needs.
As your nursing team on the Medical Surgical Unit, we pride ourselves in our ability to take care of patients from pediatrics to geriatrics. And we work diligently to provide the physical and emotional care you and your families deserves.
When you are chronically ill, injured or following surgery, we are there for you with compassionate care to help you recover and begin the process of returning home.
We believe that each patient has the right to receive quality care based on individual needs and age. Patients and their families are involved in establishing priorities for the care that best meet the patient needs.
We work to keep you safe in a clean and healthy environment.
The Care Team is also available for you throughout your stay.
Professionalism, caring, flexibility and a commitment to continuous improvement are key qualities of our nursing staff. Our staff also regularly participates in educational activities to maintain competence, gain new knowledge and develop advanced skills.
Additional amenities available for Medical Surgical Patients are as follows:
- Each room also has a sofa sleeper for you and your family’s comfort during your hospital stay.
- Each bed has a nurse-call system ringing directly to the nurse’s phone. Please call whenever you need anything and at any time.
- Room Service is available to you anytime between 7:30 am and 6:30 pm. Order what you like, including your special dietary needs, and have it delivered directly to your room.
- Guest Room Service trays for family members and guests are available during the same hours for minimal charge.
- Private phone with easy access and free local calls.
- Flowers, balloons (no latex balloons please) and special gifts are available from gift shop on ground floor or may be brought into hospital when you visit.
- For Additional information, please read our Patient/Visitors Guide.
All we do helps us provide Quality Care, Close to Home.
For more information please dial 419.483.4040 and the following extension.
|Medical Surgical Unit||Ext. 4243|
|Director of Med/Surg||Ext. 4684|