The Medical Staff Services Department is an essential part of any healthcare organization. Medical Services Professionals who work in the Medical Staff Services Department are the gatekeepers for patient safety through implementation of a stringent credentialing process that ensures quality patient care. Medical Services Professionals are highly-trained professionals with specific expertise in credentialing processes and regulatory compliance.
The Medical Staff Services Department is primarily accountable for the administrative and medical-legal structure of the medical staff organization. Some of the most important responsibilities of the department are:
- Credentialing and re-credentialing of all Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers.
- Critically analyzing data to create informed recommendations for credentialing, re-credentialing and privileging proceedings.
- Maintaining numerous amounts of physician information data banks, including education, training, experience, and licensure.
- Ongoing tracking of continued medical education program attendance to maintain clinical competency for requested privileges.
- Reviewing and implementing various federal rulings and accrediting body standards pertaining to the functions of the medical and/or provider staff.
- Establishing systems to facilitate meetings and communication between physicians, both within and outside their specialties, as well as with hospital’s administration.
- Developing, establishing and enforcing of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and policies that govern the activities of the medical staff and networking providers.
For more information please dial 419.483.4040 and the following extension.
|Medical Staff Services Department