The Social Services Department is a part of your health care team at The Bellevue Hospital.
You are the most important member of the team. We believe it is your right to participate in your discharge planning. We will work with you during your hospital stay to answer questions; help identify any physical, social or emotional needs; and arrange for appropriate services upon discharge.
The department's licensed social workers are available free of charge for you and your family members.
We will answer any of your questions on a variety of topics including discharge planning, crisis interventions and counseling referrals.
Please call the department or ask your doctor or nurse to contact social services for you and we will be in assistance for you and your family.
Some of the services available include:
- Assisting you and your family's plan for your care at home.
- Arranging for placement in an extended care or rehabilitation facility.
- Financial planning for medical expenses including assistance with the application process or agency referral.
- Arranging for home medical equipment and supplies.
- Contacting home care services including nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Assisting with transportation services.
- Providing community agency referrals.
- Emergency response device.
The Social Services Department provides support in emergency or crisis situations including:
- Domestic Violence
- Child / Adult Abuse
- Victim Assistance
- Providing information and explaining available resources that may be of benefit
- Contacting agencies on your behalf
The department is always available to listen, help you understand and deal with difficult care issues including:
- Advance Directives (e.g. Living Wills).
- Grief Counseling
- Emotional and social support with referral to community resources to help you cope
For more information please dial 419.483.4040 and the following extension.
|Social Services Department||Ext. 4367|