The Bellevue Hospital sponsors Reiki & Natural Healing presentations, led by Patricia Zilles, Reiki master practitioner and class coordinator. Topics of discussion vary by month.
The Reiki and Natural Healing program brings holistic and healthful educational information for physical well being, as well as healing methods by working with self care systems and natural therapies that build and restore health.
Reiki is a touch therapy and relaxation technique and one of the fastest growing forms of Energy Medicine.
The program explores areas of traditional, non-traditional, healing methods, and alternative medicine with other natural healing modalities to complement and support the body's natural healing processes. Topics may cover tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture, progressive relaxation and massage therapy.
Reiki can help lessen symptoms and side effects of traditional treatments. It is not specific to any particular types of diseases or conditions because it works on the entire self, mind, body and emotions.
Examples of patients seen by Reiki practitioners in private practices include those with the following conditions:
- Pre- and post-op patients
- Chronic pain
- Digestive problems
- Stress-related diseases / panic attacks / anxiety
- Before and after chemotherapy
A Reiki treatment may:
- Bring a peaceful, deep relaxation
- Dissolve energy blockages and tension
- Detoxify the body
- Support the well being of the client who is receiving traditional medical treatments that are debilitating, such as chemotherapy and radiation, surgery, kidney transplants, etc.
- Supply universal like-force energy to the body
- Stimulate the body's immune system
- Help relieve pain
- Stimulate tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery
- Increase the vibrational frequency of the client on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels
Reiki & Natural Healing meetings will be held the first Tuesday of every month starting January 2018. Meetings are held from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at The Bellevue Hospital. Attendance is free and open to the public.
For more information please dial the following: