The Bellevue Hospital sponsors Reiki Healing Touch Group Circles classes, led by Patricia Zilles, Reiki master practitioner and class coordinator. Topics of discussion vary by month.
Reiki can help lessen symptoms and side effects of traditional treatments. It is not specific to any particular types of diseases or conditions because it works on the entire self, mind, body and emotions.
Examples of patients seen by Reiki practitioners in private practices include those with the following conditions:
- Pre- and post-op patients
- Chronic pain
- Digestive problems
- Stress-related diseases / panic attacks / anxiety
- Before and after chemotherapy
A Reiki treatment may:
- Bring a peaceful, deep relaxation
- Dissolve energy blockages and tension
- Detoxify the body
- Support the well being of the client who is receiving traditional medical treatments that are debilitating, such as chemotherapy and radiation, surgery, kidney transplants, etc.
- Supply universal like-force energy to the body
- Stimulate the body's immune system
- Help relive pain
- Stimulate tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery
- Increase the vibrational frequency of the client on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels
Reiki Circle classes are typically held the second Tuesday of every month, from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at The Bellevue Hospital. Attendance is free and open to the public.
For more information please dial the following: